Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
1. Men will not tell lies if women asked less questions.
2. You have to be careful to kill a fly that has perched on your scrotum.
3. It is okay for a child to play with the mothers breast but not the fathers testicles.
4. He who has diarrhea will find the door without being told.
5. However much the buttocks are in a hurry, it will always remain behind.
6. There is no virginity in a maternity ward.
7. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
8. Human excreta will smell no matter how small.
9. Anger no matter how hot, can never cook yam.
10. It's the fear of what tomorrow may bring that makes the tortoise catty its house wherever it goes.
11. Because you want to eat beef does not mean you have to call a cow madam.
12. A bird does not change its feather because of bad weather.
13 A child who fears punishment will not admit playing with the missing knife.
14. A farmer will only know that the corn is ripe when he tears it open to examine.
15. A man who has a finger pointing at another has three fingers pointing at himself.
16. A man who takes an advice is still a man who acts of his own free will.
17. "Respect yourself" is not an abuse, it is an advice.
18. A single tree does not make a forest.
19. To see a owl in the day means it's after something or something is after it.
20. A woman who is not successful in her own marriage cannot advice another woman about hers.
21. All lizards lie on their bellies so how do you know the one that has stomach pains.
22. It's too late if you say had I known.
23 . Anyone who urinates in a stream should be aware that his relatives may drink from the same.
24. He who has the choice has the pain. - Ugandan proverb
Somali Proverbs (Courtesy of Jamad)
1 - Aaddane eed ma waayo
~ Human beings are never without a fault
2 - Abaal dad galaa badan, dad gudaase yar
~ Many will do favour but few will return it
3 - Aqoon la aani waa iftiin la aan
~ To be without knowledge is to be without light
4- Baahi badan, baryo badan, iyo bukaan badanba waa laysku nacaa
~ Excessive need-liness, too much begging and chronic ill-health can create undue resentment in others
5 - Been fakatay runi ma gaarto
~ The truth can never catch up with a propagated lie
6 - Gari Illaheed bay taqaan
~ Justice knows its God only
7 - Guri aan hooyo lahayni waa lama degaan
~ A home without a mother is like a desert
8 - Haween la'aani waa hoy la'aan
~ Where there are no women, there is no home
9 - Meel waa laga muuqdaa ama waa laga maqnaadaa
~ At your niche, either make your presence known or stay away
10 - Mukulaal mininkeeda joogta miciyo libaax bay leedahay
~ A cat in her house has the teeth of a lion
11 - Nin geed gali jirey geed loo ma galo
~ Don't expect to ambush an expert ambusher
12 - Ninkii is waalaba waabiyaa hela
~ The aggressive man ultimately encounters a more aggressive man
13 - Far keliya fool ma dhaqdo - Somali
~You cannot wash your face with one finger - English